Our Health Library information does not replace the advice of a doctor. Please be advised that this information is made available to assist our patients to learn more about their health. Our providers may not see and/or treat all topics found herein.
Learn about men's health
Men have a lot of unique health issues. Our topics can teach you about everything from hair loss to an enlarged prostate. Are you wondering whether you should have a PSA test? Or what you can do about erection problems? You will find lots of information here to help you make good health decisions and live a longer, healthier life.
Get help making decisions or find how-to tips in topics such as:
- Active Surveillance for Prostate Cancer
- Adult Immunization Schedule
- American Urological Association Symptom Index
- Artificial Sphincter for Urinary Incontinence in Men
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Breast Cancer in Men (Male Breast Cancer)
- Catheters for Urinary Incontinence in Men
- Complications of Enlarged Prostate
- Congenital Hydrocele
- Cryosurgery for Prostate Cancer
- Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence: Checklist of Things to Take When You Leave
- Domestic Violence: Getting a Protective Order
- Enlarged Prostate: Bathroom Tips
- Enlarged Prostate: Herbal Therapy
- Erection Problems (Erectile Dysfunction)
- Erection Problems: Relationships and Life Events Matter
- Groin Pain
- Health Screening: Finding Health Problems Early
- Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer (Androgen Deprivation Therapy, or ADT)
- Infertility Tests
- Infertility: Emotional and Social Support
- Infertility: Problems With the Man's Reproductive System
- Infertility: Questions to Ask About Medicine or Hormone Treatment
- Infertility: Setting Limits on Testing
- Interactive Tool: How Bad Are Your Urinary Symptoms From Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)?
- Intermittent Catheterization for Men
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- Leriche's Syndrome
- Low Testosterone
- Military Sexual Trauma
- Orchiectomy for Prostate Cancer
- Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
- Osteoporosis in Men
- Overactive Bladder
- Penile Implants for Erection Problems
- Peyronie's Disease
- Physical Abuse
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Prostate Cancer, Advanced or Metastatic
- Psychotherapy for Erection Problems
- Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection for Testicular Cancer
- Rye Grass Pollen Extract
- Safety Plan: Preparing to Leave a Violent Relationship
- Saw Palmetto
- Sex Therapy for Erection Problems
- Sexual Problems: How to Talk With Your Partner
- Sexually Transmitted Infections: How a Male Genital Exam Is Done
- Simple Prostatectomy for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Spermatocele (Epididymal Cyst)
- Stress Incontinence
- Stress Incontinence in Men
- Testicular Cancer
- Testicular Cancer Screening
- Testicular Prosthesis
- Transurethral Incision of the Prostate (TUIP) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Transurethral Microwave Therapy (TUMT) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Transurethral Prostatectomy for Prostatitis
- Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Types of Domestic Abuse
- Urge Incontinence
- Urge Incontinence in Men
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Incontinence in Men
- Urinary Incontinence: Keeping a Daily Record
- Urinary Problems and Prostate Cancer
- Vacuum Devices for Erection Problems
- Varicocele Repair Surgery
- Chlamydia Tests
- Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH) Test
- Luteinizing Hormone (LH) Test
- Post-Void Residual Urine Test
- Prostate Biopsy
- Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test
- Semen Analysis
- Sperm Penetration Tests
- Testicular Biopsy
- Testicular Examination and Testicular Self-Examination
- Testicular Scan
- Testicular Ultrasound
- Testosterone Test
- Tests for Erection Problems
- Uroflowmetry Test
- Enlarged Prostate: Should I Have Surgery?
- Enlarged Prostate: Should I Take Medicine?
- Erection Problems: Should I Take Medicine?
- Erection Problems: Should I Try Inserted or Injected Medicines?
- Fertility Problems: Should I Be Tested?
- Prostate Cancer Screening: Should I Have a PSA Test?
- Prostate Cancer: Should I Choose Active Surveillance?
- Prostate Cancer: Should I Have Radiation or Surgery for Localized Prostate Cancer?
Current as of: March 1, 2023
Author: Healthwise Staff
Medical Review:Adam Husney MD - Family Medicine & Martin J. Gabica MD - Family Medicine
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org.
© 1995-2023 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.