Meet Dr. Marecik
Collegium Medicum, Jagiellonski University, Krakow, Poland
University of Illinois Metropolitan Group Hospitals Residency in General Surgery, Chicago
University of Illinois – Cook County Colon and Rectal Residency Training Program
Robotic Colorectal Surgery, Univ. of Illinois and Lutheran General Hospital
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Slawomir Marecik, MD, FACS, FASCRS
A pioneer in the field of robotic colorectal surgery, Dr. Slawomir Marecik was the first fellow ever formally trained in robotic colorectal surgery. He is an active teacher on the national and international level and has trained medical students, general surgery residents, colorectal surgery residents and minimally invasive surgery fellows. Dr. Marecik’s interests involve improvements in the surgical treatment of colon and rectal cancer, with special attention to minimally invasive surgery. He is a member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeon (ASCRS), American College of Surgeons (ACS), Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) and Clinical Robotic Surgery Association (CRSA).
In addition, Dr. Marecik is:
- Board-certified in Colon and Rectal Surgery, and General Surgery.
- Author of multiple publications and book chapters in the field of colorectal surgery.
- Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine.
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Attending at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
- Program Director of Minimally Invasive Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
- Director of Rectal Cancer Program at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Co-Director of the Center for Robotic Surgery at ALGH
- Past President of Chicago Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
Special Procedures & Techniques
- Laparoscopic, robotic and open surgery for colon and rectal cancer as well as benign conditions
- Advanced colonoscopy and transanal procedures
- Complex anorectal procedures
- Sacral nerve stimulation for fecal incontinence