Meet Dr. Kochar
Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical School, Pune, India
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
University of Illinois/Metropolitan Group of Hospitals, Chicago
Colon and Rectal Surgery, John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, Chicago
Kunal Kochar, MD, FACS, FASCRS
Dr. Kochar completed his colorectal and general surgery training in the United Kingdom (London and Edinburg) as well as in the United States. Dr. Kochar’s interests include robotic rectal surgery, transanal minimally invasive surgery (TAMIS, TATME), and outcomes research. He is an active teacher on the national and international level and has trained medical students, general surgery residents, colorectal surgery residents, and minimally invasive surgery fellows. He is a member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeon (ASCRS), American College of Surgeons (ACS), and Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES).
In addition, Dr. Kochar is:
- Board-Certified in General Surgery.
- Board Certified in Colon and Rectal Surgery.
- Author of multiple publications and book chapters.
- Colon and Rectal Surgery attending at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
- Director of Research, Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
- Associate Program Director, UIC/Cook County Colon and Rectal Residency Training Program
Special Procedures & Techniques
- Laparoscopic, robotic, and open surgery for colon and rectal cancer and benign conditions.
- Complex anorectal procedures
- Transanal Minimal Invasive Surgery (TAMIS)
- Transanal Total Mesorectal Excison (TATME)
- Sacral Nerve Stimulation for fecal incontinence