Meet Dr. Park
University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago
University of Illinois – Residency in General Surgery, Chicago
Mayo Clinic, Rochester – Colorectal Surgery Residency
Colon and Rectal Surgery
John Park, MD, FACS, FASCRS
Dr. John Park was an early leader in laparoscopic colorectal surgery in Illinois. He is an active teacher on the national and international level and has trained medical students, general surgery residents, colorectal surgery residents, and minimally invasive surgery fellows. Dr. Park’s interests involve improvements in thesurgical treatment of colon and rectal cancer, with special attention to minimally invasive surgery. He is a member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeon (ASCRS), American College of Surgeons (ACS), Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), and Warren H. Cole Society.
In addition, Dr. Park is:
- Board-certified in Colon and Rectal Surgery, and General Surgery.
- Author of multiple publications and book chapters in the field of colorectal surgery.
- Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Vice-Chair of Surgery and Chief of Colon and Rectal Surgery Division at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
- Associate Program Director of Minimally Invasive Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
- Past President of Chicago Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
Special Procedures & Techniques
- Laparoscopic, robotic and open surgery for colon and rectal cancer as well as benign conditions
- Advanced colonoscopy and transanal procedures
- Complex anorectal procedures
- Sacral nerve stimulation for fecal incontinence