Dr. Kochar earned his medical degree at Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical School in Pune, India. He then underwent training in General Surgery and Colon and Rectal Surgery in London, England. After moving to the United States in 2010, Dr. Kochar completed a second general surgery residency at the University of Illinois Metropolitan Group of Hospitals in Chicago. He then went on to complete his Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship at the John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County in Chicago. Dr. Kochar’s interest include robotic rectal surgery, transanal minimal invasive surgery (TAMIS, TATME) and outcomes research.
In addition, Dr Kochar is:
- Board Certified in General Surgery.
- Board Certified in Colon and Rectal Surgery.
- Author of multiple publications and book chapters.
- Colon and Rectal Surgery attending at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
- Director of Research, Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, ALGH.
- Associate Program Director, UIC/Cook County Colon and Rectal Residency Training Program
Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical School, Pune, India
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
University of Illinois/Metropolitan Group of Hospitals , Chicago
Colon and Rectal Surgery, John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County,Chicago
Special Procedures & Techniques
Laparoscopic, robotic and open surgery for colon and rectal cancer as well as benign conditions.
Complex anorectal procedures
Transanal Minimal Invasive Surgery (TAMIS)
Transanal Total Mesorectal Excison (TATME)
Sacral Nerve Stimulation for fecal incotinence